If you’re a current Crain’s Detroit Business subscriber, please use your crainsdetroit.com login to access this form. If you’re not a current subscriber, please create an account by clicking "MY ACCOUNT" (or "MENU" and then "MY ACCOUNT") on this page.
Creating an account enables you to save your progress on forms and access past submissions.
Applications are now open for Crain’s Best-Managed Nonprofits 2022 program.
2022 Program Theme: Recruiting and Retaining Talent
This year's focus is on how nonprofits are overcoming obstacles for recruiting and retaining talent at a time when all sectors are seeing shortages.
What practical, replicable things is your organization doing to attract and keep talent and what impact are they having on your organization? They could include offering soft benefits like flexibility in work schedules to stepping up fundraising so your organization can compete on salaries and maybe offer incentives.
Applications are due Friday, Aug. 12. Finalists must appear for in-person interviews (or virtual interviews if health conditions require it) with judges at a TBD date in October. The exact date for this meeting will be confirmed this summer.
Program notes and eligibility criteria
- Applicants will be considered with similar-sized organizations.
- Winners will be profiled in the Crain’s Best-Managed Nonprofit Report on Nov. 28 and receive a “best-managed” logo from Crain’s for use in promotional material.
- Applicants for the award must be a 501(c)(3) with headquarters in Wayne, Washtenaw, Oakland, Macomb or Livingston counties. Applications must include an entry form, a copy of the organization’s code of ethics, a copy of its most recent audited financial statement and a copy of its most recent IRS 990 form.
- First-place winners within the past 10 years are not eligible; neither are hospitals, HMOs, medical clinics, business and professional organizations, schools, churches or foundations.
- Release of Information: Any information shared with Crain's Detroit Business in this form is considered on the record, and we reserve the right to publish it as part of an awardee profile in the event an applicant is selected for an award.